CAMBRIDGE BASED WINDOWS COMPUTER SUPPORT
We have a vast amount of experience with Windows client and server systems going back over more than 20 years. We have an employee that supported Windows 2.0 way back in 1987! We support the following Windows Server operating systems:
- Is Windows Server 2008 right for you? Let us help you decide!
- Windows Server 2003 - Familiar with all aspects of installing, upgrading and configuring this family of operating system including Active Directory, Terminal Services, clusting and virtualisation. Could your company benefit from the savings associated with the Small Business Server Version? We are registered Microsoft Partners, and in the event that you require the DataCentre version, we can get the appropriate support that you will need.
- Windows Server 2000 - Although no longer being actively developed, this server series still has a place, especially in the small business market. There are massive savings to be made by implementing a Windows 2000 Server solution, compared with the newer versions of the server systems. There are also some very big advantages if you require centralised or remote access from a licensing perspective. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Windows NT Server 4.0 (or earlier) - If you're using one of these, then you should have upgraded ages ago, as you're wasting unnecessary amounts of time maintaining and supporting this system. Although you may have 'legacy' software running on the system, we can test, document and implement the upgrade for you
- OS/2 and NT 3.5 etc - If you're using one of these, then you probably shouldn't be using it for business! Even if you're that strongly against upgrading, we'd be interested in seeing your installation purely from an interest perspective!
We support the following Windows client operating systems:
- Windows 7 - This is the latest of the client PC operating systems. We have installed and configured a number of these systems, and are very comfortable with with. If you have used Vista, you will be totally at home with it. If you're having problems, then I'm sure we can help.
- Windows Vista - Although now being replaced, we have installed and configured many of these systems, and are capable of providing support to those either with or planning on moving to this software. We have identified over 31 different versions of this software covering different architectures and feature sets. Let us help you through the confusion.
- Windows XP - Providing support to both the 'home' and 'professional versions.
- Windows 2000 Professional - A solid and robust operating system. Are your patches up to date? Do you need to upgrade, and could your hardware cope if you did? We can help you find the answers most suitable for you
- Windows pre95,95,98,98se,me - There are very few reasons that can justify staying with these operating systems, although we consider 98se as still useable. You'll be having problems with software compatability, obtaining drivers, and security. It is costing you time, (and also money), because you could be working much more efficiently. We can help by providing a free and informal review of what can be done to improve your productivity.
- Earlier systems - There is a case for DOS in some specialised environments. Including high reliability. We have experience with embedded and industrial systems, and may be able to assist.
As Microsoft Partners, in the highly unlikely event that we can't support your computer and IT systems, then we'll help you find someone who can!